Sunday, December 30, 2012

my favorite Florida moment of 2012


I was very lucky in the travel department. I invested in a Florida State Part Annual Park and attempted to get my money's worth of out. My first use was Honeymoon Island State Park. But I did manage to go to a few new parks including:
1) Blue Spring
2) Anastasia State Park
3) Weekie Watchee Springs
4) Lake Louisa State Park
5) Crystal River
6) Wekiwa Springs
7) Homosassa State Park.

My top 10 Florida moments of 2012:
1) Went to St Augustine (again) in January  to see the last night of Christmas lights in the old city.  I also met up with my friend from Jacksonville (Joann)  and she showed me a couple different cool spots I've never seen. Like this strange little castle.

2. I pulled an all-nighter on Leap Day at the Magic Kingdom when they were open for 24 hours straight on Leap Day.
3. In March, I bought strawberries at the annual Strawberry Festival in Plant City/


4. I climbed the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse in Ponce Inlet

5. Discovered Mermaids at Weeki Watchee Springs


6. Stayed at Disney Port Orleans - twice, All-star Sports and Fort Wilderness Campground.
setting up tents at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground

7. Hopped aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship. 

8. Searched for manatees at Crystal River and Homosassa State Parks


9. Found my bliss in the Morse Museum in Winter Park. 

10. Successfully viewed all the Disney Holiday Decorations at all the Disney Resorts.
Art of Animation Resort tree
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club
Old Key West
Animal Kingdom Lodge

I hope 2013, I can go back and talk about some of the cool stuff I've experiences and as well as add new things to my list.


No comments:

Post a Comment