Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Episode #2 -- Honeymoon Island State Park


Hello budgetary adventure seekers.
I promised one of my students I would actually "get out of my car" on my next episode. Sadly, I picked one of the coldest and windiest days in Florida, so, no, I didn't actually record outside of my car because of the wind. But I did actually get out of my car for a walk along a fairly deserted beach.

And not just any beach. My favorite beach in Florida, Honeymoon Island State Park in Dunedin, Florida.




Why is this park my favorite beach? Mostly because of how quiet it is. Back in 2008, Dr. Beach ranked this beach along with Caladesi Island as the number #1 beach in the United States.  White sand beach, pink shells, dolphins and manatee have been seen off the island... but my favorite thing about the beach are the swings that face the water.


What I don't like... the signs that say "Rattlesnakes are common on island" Eeek!
The Amount of money I spent: food $6 fast food (nothing exciting)
Gas: $30
individual park entrance: $4



How to get there from Disney World/I-4: Take Interstate 4 West to Tampa until it ends in downtown Tampa at 275 South towards the airport. Take the highway 60 exit toward the airport/Clearwater. The highway goes over the Courtney Campbell Causeway to Clearwater. At Clearwater, take Alt 19 North to Curlew Road, turn left on Curlew Road and take it to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment