Saturday, July 19, 2014

Disneyland's World of Color

In 2010, I booked two concierge rooms at Disney's Paradise Pier. Since I was a cast member at the time, and cast members usually help other cast members, they hooked me up with Disney's California Adventure views on the 8th floor with a spot on view of the then newest show, World of Color. I couldn't wait to see it. But, I didn't see it that night.  I would have to wait nearly 4 years.
 After a nearly perfect day at Disney, which I'll probably blog about later, I had a fastpass for the yellow section which I didn't know what that meant.

As it turned out, I was in the center of the viewing area and could choose to sit at the front if I didn't mind getting a bit wet. Since I was alone and it had been a bit warm that day, I got up as front and middle as I could and got chummy with a lovely French family who shared their gum with me and stories of their vacation. 

Soon enough, I had the best seats in town to watch World of Color. 


So, World of Color is basically a water show with lasers, lights, and fireworks.  It's a bit like Fantasmic! if you've seen that. There's a lot of Disney music and scenes from many of the favorite movies in water screens. 





No comments:

Post a Comment