Monday, October 1, 2012

Winter Park -- Park Avenue

In January of this year, I was stand on Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL waiting for my friend, Suzanne. She was getting married in a few weeks and went to a little boutique shop that sells wedding announcements and little stationary items. And I thought, I should do a Florida Podcast of all the great places to visit in Florida.  Park Avenue has been a great place to walk, shop and people watch.

My first experience with Park Avenue was years ago. My Florida bff Carolyn, on a fine October day.


Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine Restaurant






I've been to Winter Park many times since then, but Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine Restaurant  is still one of favorites in Orlando. I think I've taken most of my favorite people there.

So, really, what is there to do in Winter Park?
1) Stroll, job, skate or bike down the avenue. On Saturdays you will find all sorts of exercisers sweating in expensive lycra
2) have coffee or a meal at one of the fabulous sidewalk cafes
3) take a Scenic Boat Tour (daily, $12 per adult)
4) Go to one or more Art galleries
5) Sample wine at a few wine bars
6) Shop or window shop
7) Visit the Morse Museum and see the beautiful Tiffany glass ($5 per adult)
8) In the summer, you can see free movies on the green. Or Art on the green in the Autumn.
9) Farmer's Market on Saturday Mornings
10) Tour Rollins College Campus


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital slideshow



No comments:

Post a Comment